Osprey Modelling 18 : Modelling the Marder Self-Propelled Gun
The term Marder (meaning weasel) was the name given to this family of open-topped tank destroyers. Combining high mobility and heavy firepower, they saw significant combat action in several theatres, This book provides a detailed guide to modelling the Marder in 1/35 scale, and offers diverse challenges to modellers of all abilities. Conversions, interior detailing, kit bashing, adding aftermarket figures and parts, creating different finishes and weathering techniques are all covered in step-by-step visual detail. Text by Samuel Dwyer.
- Tools and Materials
- 1/35 Scale Marder IIIM, (SdKfz 138, Panzerjager 38(t) mit PaK 40/3 Ausf M); Late-War, Eastern Front (Intermediate)
- Marder III (SdKfz 139, Panzerjager 38(t) fur 7.62cm PaK36(r)); Eastern Front (Advanced)
- Marder II (7.5cm PaK40/2 auf Fahrgestell Panzerkampfwagen II); in Italy (Master)
- Creating a Marder Diorama : 'Yesterday's Heroes'
- Further Reading, Media and Websites
- Museums and Collections
- Kits Available
Osprey Modelling Manuals