Osprey Aviation Elite 22 : Jagdgeschwader 51 'Mölders'
Jagdgeschwader 51 were one of the Luftwaffe's top wartime fighter units, yet their story has never been told in English. The unit's history encapsulates the fortunes of the Luftwaffe's fighter arm as a whole, the heady successes of the early months, the steady attrition and the growing strength of the opposition during the mid-war years, and the final chaos and collapse of the last days. But it is perhaps the details of the pilots who served with the unit that sets JG 51 apart. During the course of the war it numbered more Knight's Cross winners among its ranks than any other. And it is their stories, their successes, exploits and eventual fates, which brings this history to life. Text and illustrations by John Weal.
- Chapter 1 : Formation and Early Operations
- Chapter 2 : Battle of Britain
- Chapter 3 : Into Russia
- Chapter 4 : II. Gruppe in the Mediterranean and West
- Chapter 5 : Eastern Front : The Long Retreat
- Chapter 6 : Closing Days and Surrender
Osprey Aviation Elite